The Dublin Masters Cross Country Championships 2024 take place in St. Annes Park Raheny on Sunday 07 January 2024 and is being hosted by Raheny Shamrocks AC. Anyone who is Over 35 and a member of a Dublin Club is eligable to run. Entries are now open on the Entry4Sport website at https://entry.athleticsireland.ie/#/ (Event 955). Entries cost €8 per entry (+ registration fee). Each Club can enter as many athletes as they wish in each race with 4 to score in M/F35+ and M50+ races and 3 to score in the F50+ and M/F 65+ races. The Pat Hooper Perpetual Trophy will be awarded to the most successful Club over the 6 races. Queries should be addressed to Ronan Wogan at
Entries close at 12.00 midnight on Thursday 4th January 2024.
Provisional Time Table (Distances)
Master Women 50+ and 65+; 12:30 (3,000m)
Masters Men 65+ ; 12:30 (3,000m)
Masters Men 50+; 12:55 (6,000m)
Master Women 35+: 13:30 (3,000m)
Masters Men 35+;14:00 (6,000m)
Rules for the Pat Hooper Perpetual Cup Team Challenge
- The Pat Hooper Perpetual Cup is awarded to the most successful overall Club in all Team Competitions at the Annual Dublin Masters Cross Country Championships. It rewards and encourages both Team participation and success.
- Points are awarded to all Clubs finishing scoring teams across all 4 categories currently competed for, i.e., M35, M50, M65, F35, F50 and F65.
- Calculations are done based on the number of teams to finish in each category on the day. For example, if there are 12 finishing teams in the M35 section then the team that finishes 1st is awarded 12 points and the team finishing 12th is awarded 1 point.
- The team results across all categories are then added together. The overall winner is deemed to be the Club that has won the most points across all categories and is thus awarded the Pat Hooper Cup.
- In the event of a tie on points the Cup will be awarded to the Club with the most Team Victories on the day.
- In the event of a further tie, after the above tie, the winning Club will be deemed to be the one with the most finishers across all categories on the day.