It is with regret that Dublin Athletic Board have had to decide that Juvenile competition within Dublin cannot go ahead.
This is based on:
1) The fact that Phase 4 of the Covid restrictions has not being implemented and as such numbers of attendees are restricted to 200.
2) This decision is in line with the Leinster Athletics decision, which came to the same conclusion.
3) It also draws upon the experience gained from the Graded meeting of the 22/7/20.
Just to be clear; even if the numbers are increased to 500, there are still significant challenges to organising a Juvenile competition.
So please do not automatically assume that if the restriction on numbers is lifted to 500, that competition will be organised.
Please note that the Tallaght 5k event has been postponed to the 16th August (one week later than it's original scheduled date).
This too is in the hope that restrictions on numbers is increased.
Further notices on the event will be posted, closer to the 16th August.